New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
The Golden Bough: Palgrave Archive Edition (3rd edition: 13 vols + 2 vols) (New)
by Frazer, J. G.
Book ID: 9780333977088, 0333977084
Please inquire for availability
Most readers are familiar with the one volume version of The Golden Bough as an abridgement of the third edition, made by Frazer in 1922. The two-volume edition that was familiar to Hardy and Yeats remains a sketch. The full length third edition is Frazer’s definitive statement in which the King of the Wood appears in a radically new guise. That is the edition reprinted here.
Table of contents
- Volume 1: J.G Frazer: His Life and Work -- Robert Ackerman * Introduction to The Golden Bough -- Robert Ackerman
- Volume 2: The Making of the Golden Bough -- Robert Fraser
- Volume 3: Part I: The Magic Art and the Evolution of Kings, Vol. 1
- Volume 4: Part I: The Magic Art and the Evolution of Kings, Vol. 2
- Volume 5: Part II: Taboo and the Perils of the Soul
- Volume 6: Part III: The Dying God
- Volume 7: Part IV: Adonis, Attis, Osiris, Vol.1
- Volume 8: Part IV: Adonis, Attis, Osiris, Vol.2
- Volume 9: Part V: Spirits of the Corn and of the Wild, Vol.1
- Volume 10: Part V: Spirits of the Corn and of the Wild, Vol.2
- Volume 11: Part VI: The Scapegoat
- Volume 12: Part VII: Balder the Beautiful, Vol.1
- Volume 13: Part VII: Balder the Beautiful, Vol 2
- Volume 14: Part VIII: Bibliography and General Index
- Volume 15: Aftermath: Supplementary Volume
Tarot Sola Busca: Ferrara XV Century
One of the oldest tarot decks ever created, the Tarot Sola Busca
is known for its alchemical symbolism and for having inspired many of the minor arcana of the Rider Waite Smith deck. The first entry in Lo Scarabeo's new Anima Antiqua
series (Ancient Soul), this deck has been lovingly printed with great care from originals found in the greatest collections of rare tarot decks. This is a limited-edition, numbered deck printed on the highest quality stock.
The companion booklets f...
Jim Maynard's Celestial Influences 2018: Pacific Time (9" x 12")
is an essential astrological reference. It is the best astrological calendar available. It opens to 12 x 18 inches. The zodiac months are highlighted with a colored tint and the zodiac illustrations are in full color.
12 x 9 inches, 48 pages, full-color cover, full-color illustrations.
Treading the Mill: Workings in Traditional Witchcraft (Revised and expanded)
Pearson, Nigel G
In Treading the Mill
, Suffolk witch Nigel Pearson presents an extensive and thorough exploration of the working ways of the modern traditional witch, including Compass rites, directional virtues, tools & their hallowing, spellcrafting, wortcunning, transvection, spirit familiars, faerie lore, the old gods, self-dedication and much more.More
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...