New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Abraxas, No. 3, Spring 2013. International Journal of Esoteric Studies. (Crowley Palermo Collection) (New)
by Ansell, Robert
Publisher: Fulgur Limited
Book ID: 9772050542007, 9772050542007
Please inquire for availability
Abraxas No.3 offers 176 large format pages of essays, poetry, interviews and art. Printed using state-of-the-art offset lithography to Fulgur's usual high standard, Abraxas 3 is richly illustrated and employs a variety of papers.
Contributions for this third issue include:
SPECIAL FEATURE Aleister Crowley: The Palermo Collection
- Caves of Sorcerers: The American Beginnings of Crowley’s Art -- William Breeze
- Crowley The Painter in Cefalù and the Origins of the Palermo Collection -- Giuseppe Di Liberti
- Aleister Crowley, Painting, and the Works from the Palermo Collection -- Marco Pasi
- An Inventory of the Palermo Collection -- Marco Pasi
- The Secret School vol. I, II, III -- Christina Mitrentse
- Saint Spider -- Francesco Dimitri
- Stones -- Tomáš D’Aradia
- Do Me Dada Style -- Adel Souto
- Sufism: A Theurgic Perspective -- Zaheer Gulamhusein
- A Place Apart -- Christina Harrington
Images and typography
- Tread Well -- Robert Yates
- In the Bookshop -- Stephen Alexander
- Designing the Hermitage -- Paul Cowlan
- of the stars, and two -- Paul Hardacre
- Hunting Amber (For Johs Pedersen) -- Paul Cowlan
- Casting Song -- Siofra McSherry
- 8 English Rituals --- Sara Hannant
- Initiation -- Geraldine Lambert
- Lamia -- Santiago Caruso
- Untitled -- Rik Garrett
- Paracelsus: of the Umbratick Evester -- Joseph Uccello
- Jesse Bransford: An Interview -- Pam Grossman
- The Eglantine Breath: An Interview with Denis Forkas Kostromitin -- Robert Ansell
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
LIBER SPIRITUUM: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick
Forrest, Adam (ed)
Book is limited to 500 hand numbered hardcover copies printed in two colors and bound in faux leather silk-touch cloth, 252 pages, Foil stamp on both the front and back boards with a full color frontispiece by acclaimed artist Caniglia and sewn in satin bookmark.
About the book:
For Liber Spirituum: A Compendium of Writings on Angels and Other Spirits in Modern Magick, Azoth Press has assembled a group of nine of the foremost writers in the field of ceremonial magick, representi...
Gateways Through Light and Shadow
Chassan, Frater Ashen
One of only 1000 Signed limited edition hardcover copies. Individually hand bound with silver foil stamping, 70lbs acid neutral paper. Printed in two colors with over 140 illustration!
Gateways Through Light and Shadow is the second book by Bryan Garner, known to his fellow ceremonial magicians as Frater Ashen Chassan, and in it we are again offered the illuminating opportunity to observe and learn from a practicing magus engaged in his Work. Once more he offers instruction in the pro...
The Luminous Stone: Lucifer in Western Esotericism (Western Esotericism in Context)
Schulke, Daniel A. (ed)
Three Hands Press
Limited to 800 copies
The Arcanum of the 'fallen angel' Lucifer evokes such concepts as heresy, rebellion, pride, liberation from the bonds of demiurgic oppression, and impetus for human evolution. Meaning 'light bearer', Lucifer has, from his earliest origins, been hailed by religious and artistic countercultures as a patron saint of enlightenment -- the essential quality embodying overthrow of ignorance and the inspired process of revelation. Allied to ancient Gnostic cosmological concepti...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...