New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Abraxas, No. 3, Spring 2013. International Journal of Esoteric Studies. (Crowley Palermo Collection) (New)
by Ansell, Robert
Publisher: Fulgur Limited
Book ID: 9772050542007, 9772050542007
Please inquire for availability
Abraxas No.3 offers 176 large format pages of essays, poetry, interviews and art. Printed using state-of-the-art offset lithography to Fulgur's usual high standard, Abraxas 3 is richly illustrated and employs a variety of papers.
Contributions for this third issue include:
SPECIAL FEATURE Aleister Crowley: The Palermo Collection
- Caves of Sorcerers: The American Beginnings of Crowley’s Art -- William Breeze
- Crowley The Painter in Cefalù and the Origins of the Palermo Collection -- Giuseppe Di Liberti
- Aleister Crowley, Painting, and the Works from the Palermo Collection -- Marco Pasi
- An Inventory of the Palermo Collection -- Marco Pasi
- The Secret School vol. I, II, III -- Christina Mitrentse
- Saint Spider -- Francesco Dimitri
- Stones -- Tomáš D’Aradia
- Do Me Dada Style -- Adel Souto
- Sufism: A Theurgic Perspective -- Zaheer Gulamhusein
- A Place Apart -- Christina Harrington
Images and typography
- Tread Well -- Robert Yates
- In the Bookshop -- Stephen Alexander
- Designing the Hermitage -- Paul Cowlan
- of the stars, and two -- Paul Hardacre
- Hunting Amber (For Johs Pedersen) -- Paul Cowlan
- Casting Song -- Siofra McSherry
- 8 English Rituals --- Sara Hannant
- Initiation -- Geraldine Lambert
- Lamia -- Santiago Caruso
- Untitled -- Rik Garrett
- Paracelsus: of the Umbratick Evester -- Joseph Uccello
- Jesse Bransford: An Interview -- Pam Grossman
- The Eglantine Breath: An Interview with Denis Forkas Kostromitin -- Robert Ansell
The Complete Mystical Records of Dr. John Dee: Transcribed from the 16th-Century Manuscripts Documen
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
A lavishly packaged, two-volume box set containing the most faithful and accurate versions of John Dee's journals ever published. This is a must-have treasure for Dee aficionados and esoteric scholars who absolutely need the most meticulously detailed version of these highly influential works. A labor of love twenty years in the making, these volumes include transcripts of four manuscripts from the British Library and one from the Bodleian Library in Oxford. Two of these manuscripts have never b...More
Deconstructing Gurdjieff: Biography of a Spiritual Magician
Inner Traditions / Bear & Company
In November 1949, architect Frank Lloyd Wright announced the death of "the greatest man in the world," yet few knew who he was talking about. Enigmatic, misunderstood, declared a charlatan, and recently dubbed "the Rasputin who inspired Mary Poppins," Gurdjieff's life has become a legend. But who really was George Ivanovich Gurdjieff?
Employing the latest research and discoveries, including previously unpublished reminiscences of the real man, Tobias Churton investigates the truth beneath th...
Gnosis 19: The Trickster. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions
"As long as we lie to ourselves, the Trickster will be with us.
He'll show up just when we least want him, to embarrass us on a
first date, to prove us fools in front of the learned company
we're trying to impress, to make us miss a power breakfast with
that all-important business contact."
- Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1991
Grimoire of the Baron Citadel: The Book of the Four Ways.
Three Hands Press
As the governor of the Dead and the burial ground, the Baron Samedi is one of the most distinctive and potent loa of Haitian Vodou. An imposing figure in black raiment, he is most often pictured as a corpse. His other magical domains, less discussed in esoteric literature, include disruption, obscenity and -- importantly for the practicing sorcerer -- not only the arts of Magic but the very fabric of which it is made.
Emergent from the spiritual crossroads of traditional Vodou and English w...