New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
- A Bibliography of Books on Conjuring in English from 1580 to 1850 - Hall, Trevor H.
- A Bibliography of the Cathloc Church from the National Union Catalog pre-1956 Imprints - Mansell
- A HISTORY OF HISTORICAL WRITING - Barnes, Harry Elmer
- A Selection of Illuminated Manuscripts from the 13th to the 16th Centuries - Sotheby's
- ADVICE ON ESTABLISHING A LIBRARY With an Introduction by Archer Taylor - Naude, Gabriel
- ARCANA. Catalogue No.51 Rare & Curious Volumes on Alchemy, Archaeology & the Ancients Magic, Mesmeri - Book Catalog) Dailey, Wil
- Belles Ecritures - Librairie Paul Jammes
- Bibles & theology. freemasonry. occult sciences. Philosophy & Psychology. Catalogue 825 - Catalog) Quaritch
- Bibles & Theology. Freemasonry. Occult Sciences. Philosophy & Psychology. Six catalogs sold toge - Catalog) Quaritch.
- Bibliotheca Curiosa Et Erotica. Beschreibung Meiner Sammlung Von Seltenheiten Und Privatdrucken ... - Stern-Szana, Bernhard
- BIBLIOTHECA ESOTERICA Catalogue Annote et Illustre de 6,707 Ouvrages Anciens Et Modernes. Qui Traite - Catalog. Dorbon-Aine
- BIBLIOTHECA MAGICA ET PNEUMATICA: Oder, Wissenschaftlich Geordnete Bibliographie... - Graesse, Johann Georg Thr
- BIBLIOTHEQUE OCCULTE - Catalog. (Guaita, Stanisl
- Bookbinding: Its Background and Technique - Diehl, Edith
- Books on Fire: The Destruction of Libraries throughout History - Polastron, Lucien
- Books on Fire: The Destruction of Libraries throughout History - Polastron, Lucien
- British Museum General Catalog -
- Catalogue 1300. Cryptography. A Collection of Books and Manuscripts - (Book catalog). Bernard Q
- Catalogue 36. Science & Medicine - (Book catalog). Simon Fin
- Choix de Livres Anciens: Rares et Curieux (13 volumes) - Olschki
- Early Illustrated and Scientific Books. William H. Schab Catalog Thirty Nine. - Schab, William H.
- Fields Book Store. Catalog No. 4 - Fields Book Store
- Fine Print: A Review for the Arts of the Book, Kirshenbaum, Sandra, editor. - FINE PRINT
- From Petrarch to Einstein. William H. Schab Catalog 51 - Schab, William H.
- HUMANISMUS & REFORMATION NEULATEINER. Catalogue of Books Relating to Humanism & Reformation. Compris - Paracelsus) Gilhofer & Ra
- Just My Type: A Book about Fonts - Garfield, Simon
- Keystone Ten. " Die Alte Zeite" German Americana and Classics of the Reformation - (Book catalog). The Famil
- Price Guide to the Occult and Related Subjects - Hyre, K.M.
- THE INVENTION OF PRINTING IN CHINA AND ITS SPREAD WESTWARD. Revised Edition by L. Carrington Goodric - Carter, Thomas Francis
- The Nature of the Book: Print and Knowledge in the Making - Johns, Adrian
- THE OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS AND THE SPREAD OF LEARNING. An Illustrated History... - Barker, Nicolas
- THE TIMES DECEAS'D. The Rare Book Department of the Times Bookshop in the 1960s - Smith, d'Arch Timothy
- Thomas Bird Mosher, the Pirate Prince of Publishers - Bishop, Philip R
- Used Books: Marking Readers in Renaissance England - Sherman, William H
- William Patrick Watson, Catalog 9, 1998: Science, Medicine, Natural History - Watson, William Patrick
- William Patrick Watson, The Sixth Catalogue, 1995: Science, Medicine, Natural History - Watson, William Patrick
The Chaldean Oracles: Translation, Text, and Commentary
The Chaldean Oracles hold a special place in the development of the Platonic tradition - they gave a new impetus and inspiration to a number of philosophers now known as neoplatonists. The extant fragments of the Oracles have been the subject of several studies in the modern era: since its publication in 1989 this presentation of the Chaldean Oracles in parallel text and translation with Ruth Majercik's detailed notes and analysis has established itself as the modern baseline for scholarly work upon the Oracles. This is a facsimile edition of that publication. 272pp
Arcanum Bestiarum: Of The Subtil And Occult Virtues Of Divers Beasts
Three Hands Press
Written in the great tradition of the medieval bestiaries, Robert Fitzgerald's long-awaited new work Arcanum Bestiarum
re-imagines the animal menagerie in the context of bestial mystery and atavistic power. Written for the modern magical practitioner and zoophile, the 272-page volume examines the occult virtues and totemic majesties of fifty animals, theriomorphs, and their kindred. Correspondences with deific powers, atavistic wisdom, and mythopoetic emanation are examined, especially in light of the tutelary powers all animals possess.
The Tetramorph -- essentially an animalic ‘crown of creation’ -- is here transformed into the far broader and innovative concept of the ‘Theriomorph’, or, the Zodiak Entire of Creation as an apotheosis of the animal form and zoötype… One of the greatest of virtues possessed by the Human is its bestial heritage, both spiritually and genetically. These attributes are often seen as primitive, chaotic and dangerous to civilized culture by the custodians of moralism and religion today, but the fact remains that it is our animal heritage that makes us what we are, or, more accurately, what we should and can be.
Special attention is given to the zoomorphic aspects of alchemy, which historically used the bestial emblemata as veils of the stages of the Great Work, as well as shamanism and witchcraft, bodies of knowledge particularly rich in the lore of animals as spirit-helpers. The work is an emergent strand of magical investigation long part of the author’s private life, where he has worked in the ecological field of wildlife rehabilitation, especially raptors.
The text is graced with fifty-five original woodcut illustrations by artist Liv Rainey-Smith, prepared especially for this title in close collaboration with the author. Amongst the more ambitious renderings in the work are the occult cryptofauna Homunculus, Manticore, Ouroboros, and Basilisk, as well as animals prominent in the ancient dawn of magick: the Bear, Goat, Viper, Peacock, and more. Completing the design elements is an original typeface designed for the work by calligrapher Gail Coppock, serving to illuminate this grimoire of the Magician’s Primal Eden.
The book is 272 pages, printed in two colour ink on heavy stock, and illustrated throughout.
Standard Edition: 1400 copies, in hardcover with dust jacket.
The Joyous Cosmology: Adventures in the Chemistry of Consciousness
Watts, Alan W
New World Library
In describing the effects of mescaline, Aldous Huxley’s The Doors of Perception
literally opened a door. Watts walked through it with this classic account of the levels of insight consciousness-changing drugs can facilitate "when accompanied with sustained philosophical reflection by a person who is in search, not of kicks, but of understanding." Watts and peers including foreword authors Timothy Leary and Richard Alpert (then Harvard professors) anticipated physicists recognizing the individuals "inseparability from the rest of the world," the work of New Age thinkers who combine scientific findings and spiritual experiences, and federally funded clinical trials utilizing psilocybin to treat a variety of conditions. More than an artifact, The Joyous Cosmology
is both a riveting memoir of Watts’ personal experiments and a profound meditation on our perennial questions about the nature of existence and the existence of the sacred.
Includes Watts's article "Psychedelics and Religious Experience"
Cave and Cosmos: Shamanic Encounters with Another Reality
North Atlantic Books
In 1980, Michael Harner blazed the trail for the worldwide revival of shamanism with his seminal classic The Way of the Shaman
. In this long-awaited sequel, he provides new evidence of the reality of heavens.
Drawing from a lifetime of personal shamanic experiences and more than 2,500 reports of Westerners' experiences during shamanic ascension, Harner highlights the striking similarities between their discoveries, indicating that the heavens and spirits they've encountered do indeed exist. He also provides instructions on his innovative core-shamanism techniques, so that readers too can ascend to heavenly realms, seek spirit teachers, and return later at will for additional healing and advice.
Written by the leading authority on shamanism, Cave and Cosmos is a must-read not only for those interested in shamanism, but also for those interested in spirituality, comparative religion, near-death experiences, healing, consciousness, anthropology, and the nature of reality.