New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 51: The Grail. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO51, GNO51
"The Grail is the heart, illumined and awakened so that it may serve as a receptacle for divine energies."
--Richard Smoley, from the introduction
Contents -- Spring 1999
News & Notes
The GNOSIS editors' new book; spiritual directors; Japan's marathon monks; New Dimensions Radio celebrates an anniversary.
Introduction: The Illumined Heart
by Richard Smoley
Why the Grail only appears to the pure of heart.
Healing the Wounded King
by John Matthews
How the Grail Quest can help us repair our own inner damage.
The Mystery of Regeneration: The GNOSIS Interview with R.J. Stewart
by Richard Smoley
The noted writer on magic and Celtic spirituality reflects on Merlin, the Matter of Britain, and modern Paganism.
Where Is the Grail?
by Charles A. Coulombe
A survey of some of the objects that have been identified as the cup Christ used.
Jung and the Grail
by Ean Begg
C.G. Jung left the theme of the Grail to his wife to write about. But this archetype continued to surface in his own life as well.
Reclaiming the Path of Erotic Love
by Cynthia Bourgeault
Was Jesus celibate? What if he wasn't? Why spiritual love and physical love needn't be exclude each other.
The Priory of Sion Hoax
by Robert Richardson
Some claim that the Grail is the bloodline of Christ, perpetuated in the Merovingian dynasty of France. Where did this idea come from?
- Hidden Wisdom: A Guide to the Western Inner Traditions by Richard Smoley and Jay Kinney The editors of Gnosis magazine explore the many esoteric traditions that
Western culture has to offer in this all-new book. Buy it
- Spiritual Wisdom of Haféz by Haleh Pourafzal and Roger Montgomery (Inner Traditions) New translations of Hafez are a mixed bag, but bring deserved attention to the Sufi poet. Buy it
- Bees by Rudolf Steiner (Anthroposophic Press) An enjoyable and provocative look at the world of ants and other social insects through the inner eyes of the great German clairvoyant. Buy it
- The Labyrinth of the World and the Paradise of the Heart by John Comenius (Paulist Press) The jewel in the crown of Czech literature offers spiritual counsel
from the era of the Thirty Year's War. Buy it
- The Psychic Mafia by M. Lamar Keene (Prometheus Books. 1-57392-161-0) Confessions of a fraudulent Spiritual medium reveals the tricks of the trade among psychic con artists.
- A Jewish Mother in Shangri-La by Rosie Rosenzweig (Shambhala 1-57062-353-8) A mother's account of her son's journey from suburban Judaism to Tibetan and Vietnamese Buddhism, and its effects on his family and
- The Hidden Encyclical of Pius XI by Georges Passelecq and Bernard Suchecky (Harcourt, Brace & Co. 0-15-100244-4) An intriguing investigation of a lost encyclical on Anti-Semitism
that was ordered by Pius XI in 1938 but never promulgated.
- Excalibur by Hudson Talbott (Morrow Junior Books 0-688-13380-0) Beautiful and powerful children's books bring the Arthurian stories to life for readers, young and old.
- King Arthur: The Sword in the Stone by Hudson Talbott (Morrow Junior Books. 0-688-09403-1)
- King Arthur and the Round Table by Hudson Talbott (Morrow Junior Books 0-688-11340-0)
About our covers:
FRONT: Original art by Steven Adler
BACK: The World card from a Celtic Tarot by Robert M. Place
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
Tarot of Marseilles - Conver 1760 Restored (Standard Deck)
Jodorowsky & Camoin
Based on years of research with the goal of creating the definitive Tarot de Marseille, this deck is a labor of love that possesses fine details and the passionate workmanship of Phillipe Camoin -- last heir to the centuries-old legacy of Marseillan cardmakers -- and acclaimed artist and tarotist Alejandro Jodorowsky. Influenced most heavily by the deck of Nicolas Conver first printed in 1760, this premium deck is a treasure for readers and collectors.
Keeper of the Tarot of Marseilles Tradi...
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More