New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 50: Good and Evil. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO50, GNO50
"Don't get too concerned about fighting evil. You lose your own center that
--Robert Anton Wilson, from the interview
Contents -- Winter 1999
by Richard Smoley
News & Notes
Grail conference report; Victor Sanchez reflects on Castaneda's legacy; a Burning Times quiz; Frithjof Schuon reexamined; Elizabeth Clare Prophet restructures her church.
Introduction: Two A.M. in the Garden of Good and Evil
by Jay Kinney
On taking the Golden Rule a step further.
The Mystery of Iniquity
by Stephan A. Hoeller
For Gnostics, evil exists because the universe was made by a flawed creator.
Has the Church of Satan Gone to Hell?
by Jack Boulware
A peek into the rise and fall of one of the world's most feared -- and most entertaining -- religions.
How to Do Good: A Satanic Perspective
by Don Webb
Why Evil is different from evil and what you can do about it.
Doubt! The GNOSIS Interview with Robert Anton Wilson
by Richard Smoley and Jay Kinney
The master of unconventional wisdom talks about conspiracy, Catholicism, psychedelics, and the unutterable perplexity of the world.
The Evil Fomorians
by Tom Cowan
For the ancient Irish, evil was a mysterious yet necessary part of the cosmos.
Sex, Spirit, and Abuse
by Arthur Waskow
A modern rabbi grapples with the issues of nonmarital sex and abuse by spiritual teachers.
- Raising Children in Love, Justice, and Truth by Barry Long
- Conscious Parenting by Lee Lozowick Two books by spiritual teachers offer contrasting approaches to childrearing.
- Finding Enlightenment: Ramtha's School of Ancient Wisdom by J. Gordon Melton Respected scholar of New Religious Movements offers sympathetic look at the Ramtha School of Enlightenment - perhaps too sympathetic?
- Collectanea Hermetica by William Wynn Westcott 780-page collectiion of Hermetic texts, originally issued as study resources for Golden Dawn members and related students of the occult.
- Isis Unveiled: A New Abridgement by H.P. Blavatsky. Edited by Michael Gomes An intelligent abridgment of Madame Blavatsky's seminal work that removes the dross and retains her central message. Buy it
- Christ the Yogi: A Hindu Reflection on the Gospel of John by Ravi Ravindra
- Sophia-Maria: A Holistic Vision of Creation by Thomas Schipflinger. Two valuable re-evaluations: one an insightful Hindu analysis of the Gospel of John, the other a new lokk at the Virgin Mary as an incarnation of Sophia. Buy it
- The Books in My Life by Colin Wilson. In one of his better works, Colin Wilson discusses the key books he's read in each stage of his life, illuminating both those volumes and
his own major ideas. Buy it
- Techgnosis by Erik Davis Pithy, amusing, and surprising examination of the push-pull relationship between information technology and mystical awareness. Buy it
- Shadows of Heaven: Gurdjieff and Toomer by Paul Beekman Taylor Buy it
- Opening: Collected Writings, 1985-97 by William Segal Gurdjieff and his work are seen through the eyes of two authors,
providing a "fly on the wall" perspective on esoteric luminaries.
- Edgar Cayce in Context: The Readings, Truth and Fiction by K. Paul Johnson Balanced and thorough overview of Cayce, the "sleeping prophet."
- The Navajo Skinwalker, Witchcraft, and Related Phenomena: Spiritual Clues: Orientation to the Evolution of the Circle by Joanne Teller and Norman Blackwater Authentic and ground breaking inside account of rarely discussed Navajo "witchcraft" and shapeshifting.
About our covers:
Front: "Demons to Tea" by Susan Hill.www.sublimatrix.com.
Back: "Guardian" by Gage Taylor and Uriel Dana. See also their collaborative work.
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
Tarot of Marseilles - Conver 1760 Restored (Standard Deck)
Jodorowsky & Camoin
Based on years of research with the goal of creating the definitive Tarot de Marseille, this deck is a labor of love that possesses fine details and the passionate workmanship of Phillipe Camoin -- last heir to the centuries-old legacy of Marseillan cardmakers -- and acclaimed artist and tarotist Alejandro Jodorowsky. Influenced most heavily by the deck of Nicolas Conver first printed in 1760, this premium deck is a treasure for readers and collectors.
Keeper of the Tarot of Marseilles Tradi...
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More