New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 26: Psychedelics and the Path. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO26, GNO26
"I see psychedelics as a catalyst and a door opener; I don't see them as a full path."
-Ram Dass, from The GNOSIS Interview with Ram Dass
Contents -- Winter 1993
Rain Forest Rant
A column by Ted Schultz
Viewing Drugs Rationally
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Introduction: The Fires of Artifice
by Richard Smoley
Do psychedelics really tell you the truth about yourself?
Mysticism: Contemplative and Chemical
by Roger Walsh
How "artificial" experiences compare with the ecstasies of contemplatives.
Drugs and the Path
Truth, illusions, and punctured auras - a variety of spiritual teachers give their views.
Using Drugs Wisely
by Myron J. Stolaroff
A veteran researcher suggests how to get the best out of psychedelic experience.
Psychedelics: A First-Amendment Right
by a Psychedelicist
Should mind-changing drugs be protected by the Constitution?
Two Classic Trips
by Thomas Riedlinger
Adelle Davis loved it, but it was a bummer for Jean-Paul Sartre.
The GNOSIS Interview with Ram Dass
by Jay Kinney and Richard Smoley
A lively discussion about LSD, spirituality, the '60s, and gurus.
The Sobriety That Surpasses Intoxication
by Kabir Helminski
Does traditional spirituality offer something better than drugs?
by Bruce Eisner
What the rave scene and cutting-edge psychology have in common.
Gracie's Visible Language
by Gracie & Zarkov
Why language may be "the most alien artifact we have."
Gerald Heard: Soul Guide to the Beyond Within
by John V. Cody
A glimpse of the visionary who turned on the California elite years before Timothy Leary.
- Brother Twelve by John Oliphant, foreword by Colin Wilson
- Thrice Greatest Hermes: Studies in Hellenistic Theosophy and Gnosis by G.R.S. Mead
- Plotinus: The Enneads: A New, Unabridged, and Definitive Edition of the Classic Translation by Stephen MacKenna
- Egypt: Moulids, Saints, Sufis by Nicholass H. Biegman
- The Dervish Lodge: Architecture, Art, and Sufism in Ottoman Turkey edited by Raymond Lifchez
- Islamic Spirituality II: Manifestations edited by Seyyed Hossein Nasr
- Understanding the Dead Sea Scrolls: A Reader from the Biblical Archaeology Review edited by Hershel Shanks
- The Rise of Magic in Early Medieval Europe by Valerie I.J. Flint
- Living Presence: A Sufi Way to Mindfulness and the Essential Self by Kabir Edmund Helminski
- The Essential Writings of Frithjof Schuon edited by Seyyed Hossein Nasr
- Invitation to Love: The Way of Christian Contemplation by Thomas Keating
- The Enlightened Heart: An Anthology of Sacred Poetry edited by Stephen Mitchell
- The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton, read by Sidney Lanier
- The Boy Who Made Dragonfly: A Zuni Myth as told by Tony Hillerman, read by Debra Winger
- The Golden Key: A Fairy Tale by George Macdonald, read by Michael Zebulon
- The Mystic Quest: An Introduction to Jewish Mysticism by David S. Ariel
- When Nietzsche Wept: A Novel of Obsession by Irvin D. Yalom
- Care of the Soul by Thomas Moore
- Plants of the Gods: Their Sacred, Healing, and Hallucinogenic Powers by Richard Evans Schultes and Albert Hofmann
- The San Francisco Oracle Facsimile Edition edited by Allen Cohen
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
Tarot of Marseilles - Conver 1760 Restored (Standard Deck)
Jodorowsky & Camoin
Based on years of research with the goal of creating the definitive Tarot de Marseille, this deck is a labor of love that possesses fine details and the passionate workmanship of Phillipe Camoin -- last heir to the centuries-old legacy of Marseillan cardmakers -- and acclaimed artist and tarotist Alejandro Jodorowsky. Influenced most heavily by the deck of Nicolas Conver first printed in 1760, this premium deck is a treasure for readers and collectors.
Keeper of the Tarot of Marseilles Tradi...