New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 21: Holy War. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO21, GNO21
"Courage is not the absence
of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than one's fear. The timid
presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not. But to take action when one is not afraid is easy. To refrain when afraid is also easy. To take action regardless of fear is brave."
— Ambrose Hollingworth Redmoon, from No Peaceful Warriors!
Contents -- Fall 1991
A column by Ted Schultz
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Introduction: The Shotgun Wedding
by Jay Kinney
Why the marriage of religion and politics ought to end in divorce.
Jihad: Islam's Struggle for Truth
by Vincent J. Cornell
To Muslims, jihad means much more than "holy war."
Soldiers of Christ
by Charles A. Coulombe
How the Roman Catholic ideal expressed itself in chivalry and the Crusades.
War on High: An Interview with Elizabeth Clare Prophet
by Jay Kinney and Richard Smoley
This controversial figure speaks out on fallen angels, the power elite, nuclear war, and her own career.
Reconciling Hawk and Dove
by Judy Harrow
Can the lion and the lamb learn how to lie down together?
No Peaceful Warriors!
by Ambrose Hollingworth Redmoon
Is "peaceful warrior" a contradiction in terms?
Warfare Without and Within
by John Garvey
In Eastern Orthodoxy, the real enemy is one you can't see.
Hildegard of Bingen, Warrior of Light
by Elaine Bellezza
This remarkable woman kept alive an image of the Divine Feminine in the Middle Ages.
- Crafting the Art of Magic (Book I) by Aidan A. Kelly
- Circular Evidence: A Detailed Investigation of the Flattened Swirled Crops Phenomenon by Pat Delgado and Colin Andrews
- Crop Circles: The Latest Evidence by Pat Delgado and Colin Andrews
- The Crop Circle Enigma edited by Ralph Noyes
- Real Presences by George Steiner
- The Nine Doors of Midgard: A Complete Curriculum of Rune Magic by Edred Thorsson
- Words Made Flesh: Artificial Intelligence, Humanity, and the Cosmos by Ramsey Dukes
- Earth God Rising: The Return of the Male Mysteries by Alan Richardson
- The One-Year Manual by Israel Regardie
- Teutonic Magic: The Magical and Spiritual Practices of the Germanic Peoples by Kveldulf Gundarsson
- Cherotic Magic by Frank Moore
- The Vision of the Eagle: The Heart of Celtic Christianity: Homily on the Prologue to the Gospel of St. John by John Scotus Eriugena, translated with an introduction and reflections by Christopher Bamford
- In Pursuit of Satan: The Police and the Occult by Robert D. Hicks
- Castration and Male Rage: The Phallic Wound by Eugene Monick
- The Magical World of the Inklings: J.R.R. Tolkein, C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Owen Barfield by Gareth Knight
- Divine Madness: Archetypes of Romantic Love by John R. Haule
- Holy Wars: The Rise of Islamic Fundamentalism by Dilip Hiro
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
Tarot of Marseilles - Conver 1760 Restored (Standard Deck)
Jodorowsky & Camoin
Based on years of research with the goal of creating the definitive Tarot de Marseille, this deck is a labor of love that possesses fine details and the passionate workmanship of Phillipe Camoin -- last heir to the centuries-old legacy of Marseillan cardmakers -- and acclaimed artist and tarotist Alejandro Jodorowsky. Influenced most heavily by the deck of Nicolas Conver first printed in 1760, this premium deck is a treasure for readers and collectors.
Keeper of the Tarot of Marseilles Tradi...
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More