New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 20: Gurdjieff and the Fourth Way. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO20R, GNO20R
Contents -- Summer 1991
The Spirit in Health and Disease
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
The Razor's Edge
A column by Ted Schultz
Meetings With a Remarkable Paradox
by Richard Smoley
A glimpse into Gurdjieff's rich and mysterious life.
The Fourth Way and Inner Transformation
by Theodore J. Nottingham
Steps to the evolution of the self.
The Cosmology of the Fourth Way
by Walter Scheer
Where man fits into the universe, according to Gurdjieff.
The Essence of the Work: An Interview with Jacob Needleman
by Richard Smoley & Jay Kinney
The well-known author and student of the Gurdjieff teachings gives his views of the Work.
The Work Today
by Joel Friedlander
Gurdjieff's ideas live on in a variety of groups and approaches.
Gurdjieff and Kabbalah
by Z'ev ben Shimon Halevi
Striking parallels between the Tree of Life and Gurdjieff's System.
Mouravieff and the Secret of the Source
by Robin Amis
Gurdjieff's hints about the origin of his System point to early Christian teachings.
Gurdjieff and the Tower of Babel
Was Gurdjieff simply a representative of the "wisdom of the world"?
A Remembering Feast: The Gurdjieff Legacy
by Kathleen Riordan Speeth
The author of The Gurdjieff Work imagines a conversation among the master's mourners.
- In Search of the Masters: Behind the Occult Myth by Paul Johnson
- A Separate God: The Christian Origins of Gnosticism by Simone Petrement, translated by Carol Harrison
- Plato Prehistorian: 10,000 to 5000 B.C.: Myth, Religion, Archaeology by Mary Settegast
- Homer the Theologian: Neoplatonist Allegorical Reading and the Growth of the Epic Tradition by Robert Lamberton
- Subterranean Worlds: 100,000 Years of Dragons, Dwarves, the Dead, Lost Races and UFOs from Inside the Earth by Walter Kafton-Minkel
- The Lion People: Intercosmic Messages from the Future by Murry Hope
- Ancient Egypt: The Sirius Connection by Murry Hope
- Sefer Yetzirah: The Book of Creation translated and with a critical commentary by Aryeh Kaplan
- Spells and How They Work by Janet and Stewart Farrar
- On a Spaceship with Beelzebub: By a Grandson of Gurdjieff by David Kherdian
- The Sufi Path of Knowledge: Ibn al-'Arabi's Metaphysics of Imagination by William C. Chittick
- Where the Spirits Ride the Wind: Trance Journeys and Other Ecstatic Experiences by Felicitas D. Goodman, Ph.D.
- Looking into Mind by Anthony Damiani
- Who Are You Monsieur Gurdjieff? by Rene Zuber, translated by Jenny Koralek
- Complete Works of Pir-o-Murshid Hazrat Inayat Khan, Original Texts:
Lectures on Sufism, 1923 I: January-June edited by Munira van Voorst van Beest
- The Origins of the Mithraic Mysteries by David Ulansey
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More