New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 18: Middle Ages. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO18R, GNO18R
"When we look at the Tarot for what it apparently is, we look into a mental map of the time when the Italian and French Middle Ages were poised on the cusp of the Renaissance - a time that is
actually stranger and intellectually more foreign to us than we tend to think."
- Chas S. Clifton, from The Unexamined Tarot
Contents -- Winter 1991
A Sage for All Seasons
A column by Stephan A. Hoeller
Inner and Outer Realms
A column by Ted Schultz
Century of Marvels, Century of Light: The Esoteric Treasures of the Twelfth Century
by Timothy O'Neill
From Grail lore to Gothic cathedrals, from Muslims to monks, it was a century of rich spiritual development.
The Birth Within: Meister Eckhart and the Knowing of God
by Theodore J. Nottingham
An introduction to the unsurpassed German mystic.
The Code of Love: Troubadours, Cathars, and Ezra Pound
by John Kimsey
Did the poets of courtly love and the gnostic heretics of medieval Provence share the same esoteric perspective?
Unlocking Alchemy's Secrets: A Conversation with Adam MacLean
by Jay Kinney
The editor of the Hermetic Journal discusses his insights into alchemical symbolism.
Fire, Breath, & Silence: The Kabbalistic Meditations of Abraham Abulafia
by Avram Davis
The mystical techniques of the thirteenth century Jewish visionary.
The Unexamined Tarot
by Chas S. Clifton
What are the real origins of this most popular of oracles?
Doctor Illuminatus: The Achievements of Raymond Lully
by Charles Coulombe
A look at the life and work of one of the greatest minds of the Middle Ages.
- The Secret Zodiac: The Hidden Art in Medieval Astrology by Fred Gettings
- Rose Windows by Painton Cowen
- The Tres Riches Heures of Jean, Duke of Berry introduction and legends by Jean Longnon and Raymond Lazelles, translation by Victoria Benedict
- The Truing of Christianity: Visions of Life and Thought for the Future by John C. Meagher
- Golem: Jewish Magical and Mystical Traditions on the Artificial Anthropoid by Moshe Idel
- An Arthurian Dictionary by Ruth Minary and Charles Moorman, preface by Geoffrey Ashe
- Boadicea: Warrior Queen of the Celts by John Matthews, illustrated by James Field
- King Arthur: The Dream of a Golden Age by Geoffrey Ashe
- An Arthurian Reader: Selections from Arthurian Legend, Scholarship, and Story selected and edited by John Matthews
- Gawain: Knight of the Goddess: Restoring an Archetype by John Matthews, foreword by Mildred Leake Day
- The New Tarot: Modern Variations of Ancient Images by Rachel Pollack
- The Encyclopedia of Tarot, Volume III by Stuart R. Kaplan
- The Tarot: Art, Mysticism, Divination by Sylvie Simon, translated by William S. Konecky
- The Modern Mystic: A New Collection of the Early Writings of Alan Watts edited by John Snelling and Mark Watts
- The Gnostic Pynchon by Dwight Eddins
- Synchronicity: The Intuitive Decision Making Tool by Visionary Software
- The Poetics of Ascent: Theories of Language in a Rabbinic Ascent Text by Naomi Janowitz
- The Mysteries of Yesod: The Foundation of Spiritual Life by Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov
- Looking into the Invisible: Intuition, Clairvoyance, and Dreams by Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov
- Prophecy: The History of the Future by Mobius Rex
- Sorceress directed by Suzanne Schiffman, screenplay by Pamela Berger and Suzanne Schiffman
- Sacred Mirrors: The Visionary Art of Alex Grey by Alex Grey with essays by Ken Wilber and Carlo McCormick
- Prophecy and People in Renaissance Italy by Ottavia Niccoli, translated by Lydia G. Cochrane
- Avalanche: Heretical Reflections on the Dark and the Light by W. Brugh Joy
The GNOSIS Office Soundtrack
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
Tarot of Marseilles - Conver 1760 Restored (Standard Deck)
Jodorowsky & Camoin
Based on years of research with the goal of creating the definitive Tarot de Marseille, this deck is a labor of love that possesses fine details and the passionate workmanship of Phillipe Camoin -- last heir to the centuries-old legacy of Marseillan cardmakers -- and acclaimed artist and tarotist Alejandro Jodorowsky. Influenced most heavily by the deck of Nicolas Conver first printed in 1760, this premium deck is a treasure for readers and collectors.
Keeper of the Tarot of Marseilles Tradi...
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More