New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 16: Orthodoxy. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions (New)
Book ID: GNO16, GNO16
"There is a danger in the New Age movement of 'open-mindedness' and 'universality' becoming a new dogma which only serves to separate 'us' who pay lip service to these ideals from 'them' who
do not. Far better to be a flexible, open-minded traditionalist than a rigidly doctrinaire liberal."
- Ya'qub ibn Yusuf, from the introduction
Contents -- Summer 1990
Introduction: Back to Basics
by Jay Kinney & Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
In the Light of Orthodoxy
by John Garvey
The meaning of orthodoxy and its relationship to esotericism.
The Living Tradition of Catacomb Christianity: An Interview with Father Herman
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
The Abbot of the St. Herman Monastery discusses Christian Orthodoxy and the modern world.
Readings in Orthodox Spirituality
by Anne Barkham & Brother James Barfield
Suggested books for a deeper understanding of Orthodoxy.
Vladimir Soloviev: Russian Orthodox Apostle of Gnosis & Sophia
by Stephan A. Hoeller
The intriguing story of a unique Russian mystic.
Against Non-Sense: An Interview with Roger Garaudy
translated by Ann Weiser
The French author and political figure discusses the three "isms" in his life.
The Esoteric Orthodoxy of Catholicism
by Charles Coulombe
Appreciating traditional Catholicism from an esoteric perspective.
You Create Your Own Orthodoxy
by Jordan Gruber
Will New Age philosophy grow to become an orthodoxy?
On Orthodoxy: An Interview with Rabbi Shlomo Carlbach
by Micha Odenheimer
A modern Hasidic Master talks about the power of traditional Judaism.
The Esoteric Sacraments: An Inquiry Into the Catholic Mysteries
by Charles Upton
A look at the seven sacraments from multiple points of view.
- C.S. Lewis: A Biography by A.N. Wilson
- Your Word Is Fire: The Hasidic Masters on Contemplative Prayer edited and translated by Arthur Green and Barry W. Holtz
- Menahem Nahum of Chernobyl: Upright Practices, the Light of the Eyes translated and introduced by Arthur Green
- The Death of Merlin: Arthurian Myth and Alchemy by Walter Johannes Stein
- The White Cutter: A Novel of the Middle Ages by David Pownall
- Sacralizing the Secular: The Renaissance Origins of Modernity by Stephen A. McKnight
- Divine Disenchantment: Deconverting from New Religions by Janet Liebman Jacobs
- Pagan Grace by Ginette Paris
- The Rebirth of Witchcraft by Doreen Valiente
- Heart of the Koran by Lex Hixon
- Arthur and the Sovereignty of Britain by Caitlin Matthews
- Magical Tales: The Story-Telling Tradition by R.J. Stewart
- Legendary Britain: An Illustrated Journey by R.J. Stewart and John Matthews
- Knights by Deirdre Headon
- God Is a Trauma: Vicarious Religion and Soul-Making by Greg Mogenson
- Spinoza and Other Heretics: The Marrano of Reason by Yirmiyahu Yovel
- Spinoza and Other Heretics: The Adventure of Immanence by Yirmiyahu Yovel
- Mercurius - or, the Marriage of Heaven & Earth by Patrick Harpur
- The Secret of the Runes by Guido von List, edited, introduced, and translated by Stephen E. Flowers
- The Galdrabok: An Icelandic Grimoire edited and translated by Stephen E. Flowers
- At the Well of Wyrd: A Handbook of Runic Divination by Edred Thorsson (Stephen E. Flowers)
- Rune Might: Secret Practices of the German Rune Magicians by Edred Thorsson (Stephen E. Flowers)
- A Book of Troth by Edred Thorsson (Stephen E. Flowers)
- What is Self? A Study of the Spiritual Journey in Terms of Consciousness by Bernadette Roberts
- The Stormy Search for the Self by Christina and Stanislav Grof
- Walking Through Walls: Practical Esoteric Psychology by Will Parfitt
- Manitou: The Sacred Landscape of New England's Native Civilization by James W. Mavor, Jr. and Byron E. Dix
- The Arkana Dictionary of New Perspectives by Stuart Holroyd
- Santeria: The Religion - A Legacy of Faith, Rites, and Magic by Migene Gonzalez-Wippler
- Why Does God Allow Suffering? And Other Essays on the Spiritual Quest by Robert Powell
The GNOSIS Office Soundtrack
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More
Tarot of Marseilles - Conver 1760 Restored (Standard Deck)
Jodorowsky & Camoin
Based on years of research with the goal of creating the definitive Tarot de Marseille, this deck is a labor of love that possesses fine details and the passionate workmanship of Phillipe Camoin -- last heir to the centuries-old legacy of Marseillan cardmakers -- and acclaimed artist and tarotist Alejandro Jodorowsky. Influenced most heavily by the deck of Nicolas Conver first printed in 1760, this premium deck is a treasure for readers and collectors.
Keeper of the Tarot of Marseilles Tradi...