New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gnosis 11: Ritual. A Journal of the Western Inner Traditions - REPRINT (New)
Book ID: GNO11R, GNO11R
"Ritual, provided it uses authentic symbols, is no more or less than what H.P. Blavatsky called 'concretized truth'."
- Stephan A. Hoeller, from The Gnosis of the Eucharist
Contents -- Spring 1989
Introduction: Bill of Rites
by Jay Kinney
Why Ritual Works
by Richard Smoley
According to Hawaiian shamanism, it's all thanks to your subconscious.
Confessions of a Closet Ritualist
by Ya'qub ibn Yusuf
Can ritual be meaningful to someone living in a secular society?
Wilderness Rites of Passage
by John Davis
How the traditional vision quest can be recreated for our time.
With the Whirling Dervishes in Konya
by Jannika Hurwitt
The Sufi practice of whirling can be traced back to the 11th century, but it's still very much alive today.
The Diamond Way
by Hannah M.G. Shapero
This esoteric ritual is as close as your nearest sandlot.
The Gnosis of the Eucharist
by Stephan A. Hoeller
The Mass as a steppingstone to direct communion with the divine.
Rituals: Making Incense
by Christopher Landon
How incense can be made and used to enhance ritual practice.
The GNOSIS Interview: Colin Wilson
by Christopher Farmer
An ebullient conversation with the author of The Outsider and The Occult.
- Temple Magic by William Gray
- Hermes Unveiled by Roy Norvill
- The Language of the Gods by Roy Norvill
- The Jesus of Heresy and History by John Dart
- The Nag Hammadi Library James M. Robinson, general editor
- In the Garden of Myrtles: Studies in Early Islamic Mysticism by Tor Andrae, translated by Birgitta Sharpe
- Irshad: Wisdom of a Sufi Master by Sheikh Muzaffer Ozak al-Jerrahi, translated and with an introduction by Muhtar Holland
- Vicars of Christ: The Dark Side of the Papacy by Peter De Rosa
- The Dream of the Earth by Thomas Berry
- The Dream of Poliphilo: The Soul in Love by Linda Fierz-David
- Not Necessarily the New Age edited by Robert Basil
- The Dimensions of Paradise: The Proportions and Symbolic Numbers of Ancient Cosmology by John Michell
- The Spiritual in Art: Abstract Painting 1890-1985 edited by Maurice Tuchman
- An Art of Our Own: The Spiritual in Twentieth-Century Art by Roger Lipsay
- The Course of the Seeker: A Transformational Approach to Sufism in the Western World by Omar Ali-Shah
- An Open Life: Joseph Campbell in Interview with Michael Toms edited by John M. Maher and Dennie Briggs
- The Dove in the Stone: Finding the Sacred in the Commonplace by Alice O. Howell
- The Golden Game: Alchemical Engravings of the Seventeenth Century by Stanislas Klossowski de Rola
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More