New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Gurdjieff: Eight Key Evocations (Out of Print)
by Russell, Barbara Ann (ed)
Book ID: A9051, A9051
Triadbooks, Sedona, AZ 2007. isbn 1424335760. 71 pp. Near Fine.
Eight selections on Gurdjieff compiled by Barbara Ann Russell.
- The Man in Question by James Moore. A distinct cameo and confirmation that "the Gurdjieff enigma is here to stay."
- Gurdjieff, the Unknown Man by Kenneth Walker, M.D. Dr. Walker's vivid account of his meetings with Ouspensky and first visits to Gurdjieff' Paris apartment in the late 1940's, is distinguished by his keenly trained powers of observation.
- The Old Man and His Movements by Pierre Schaeffer. Pierre Schaeffer (1910-1995) was a man of varied and outstanding accomplishments -- an engineer, theorist, researcher, telecommunications pioneer, critic, essayist, musician and composer who developed Concrete Music. His impressions of Gurdjieff offer an exceptional convergence of heartfelt experience and literary merit.
- The Struggle to "Fathom the Gist" of Beelzebub's Tales by Terry W. Owens. In the 1960's, Felix Morrow, the publisher of University Books asked T.W. Owens to write an essay on Gurdjieff's All and Everything for their Mystic Arts Book Club newsletter. Writing again, some thirty years later, Owensfocuses on her continuing struggle to fathom Gurdjieff's book.
- Meetings with Remarkable Men: A Conversation about the Book with Lord John Pentland, Professor Roy Finch of Sarah Lawrence College, and Lawrence Morris.
- The Disenchantment of the Dragon by Martha Heyneman. A penetrating essay that links the symbolic structures of the Arthurian legend cycle, mythic elements underlying Beelzebub's Tales and wisdom that transforms rather than slays the Dragon.
- Writings about Gurdjieff: A Selective Booklist 1921-2006 by J. Walter Driscoll. An Introduction and English-Language Bibliography, with notes on his music and movements, and a selective reading list.
- Essentials - Aphorisms and Observations by A.R. Orage. Drawn from a wide variety of sources, this selection of fragments introduces Orage's vision of the potential for conscious development of being. In places, Orage's formulation of ideas, cosmology, and teaching employs Gurdjieff's terminology and expressions.
70 pages, oversized.
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...