New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Hoodoo and Conjure New Orleans 2014 (New)
by Alvarado, Denise
Book ID: 9781495431647, 1495431649
Usually available in 3-5 days
This magazine journal is an 8 X 10 special edition, full color bleed, of the highest quality and bound like a book. A true collector's item and must have for any student of conjure and lover of New Orleans and Southern folk magic traditions.
This issue highlights recent events in the world of New Orleans Voudou and includes more Louisiana contributors and talented writers in the wide world of Hoodoo and Conjure.
In this issue:
- The Pink Tomb of Marie Laveaux: Devotion or Desecration? by Denise Alvarado
- Bearing Witness to Fate: Ifa Reading for 2014 by Baba Eli
- American Horror Story Coven: Will the Real Papa Legba Please Stand Up? by Denise Alvarado
- Getting a Jump on Successful New Year by Dorothy Morrison
- In the Shadow of the Crossroads by Alyne Pustanio
- Louisiana Woman, Carolina Man by Carolina Dean
- Walking on the Vows of an Ifa Rootworker by Doc Oloyade Hava
- The Noninitiates Guide to Palo by Madrina Angelique
- Following Tituba by Witchdoctor Utu
- New Orleans Practitioner Profile: The Divine Prince Ty Emmecca by Denise Alvarado
- Brown Bottle Spell by Magick LaCroix
- Easy Low Cost Money Spells by Carolina Dean
- Getting that Swing: How to Use a Pendulum by Carolina Dean
- Talking to the Ancestors with Bare Bones by Melony Malsom
- A Guide to Candle Shapes and Figures by Celeste Heldstab
- Blockbuster Magick by Khi Armand
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
Tarot of Marseilles - Conver 1760 Restored (Standard Deck)
Jodorowsky & Camoin
Based on years of research with the goal of creating the definitive Tarot de Marseille, this deck is a labor of love that possesses fine details and the passionate workmanship of Phillipe Camoin -- last heir to the centuries-old legacy of Marseillan cardmakers -- and acclaimed artist and tarotist Alejandro Jodorowsky. Influenced most heavily by the deck of Nicolas Conver first printed in 1760, this premium deck is a treasure for readers and collectors.
Keeper of the Tarot of Marseilles Tradi...