New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Some Aspects of Maori Myth and Religion (New)
by Best, Elsdon
Book ID: 9781172657018, 1172657017
Usually available in 3-5 days
Nabu Press. Comprised of reprints of seven consecutive numbers of the Dominion Museum Monograph series.
- No. 1: Some Aspects of Maori Myth and Religion (1922), by Elsdon Best. 34 pages
- No. 2: Spiritual and Mental Concepts of the Maori (1922), by Elsdon Best. 43 pages
- No. 3: The Astronomical Knowledge of the Maori, Genuine and Empirical: Including Data concerning their Systems of Astrogeny, Astrolatry, and Natural Astrology, with Notes on Certain Natural Phenomena (1922), by Elsdon Best. 66 pages
- No. 4: The Maori Division of Time (1922), by Elsdon Best. 45 pages
- No. 5: Polynesian Voyagers: The Maori as a Deep-sea Navigator, Explorer, and Colonizer (1923), by Elsdon Best. 54 pages
- No. 6: The Whare Wanaga, or Maori School of Learning: Its Objects, Methods, and Ceremonial (1923), by Elsdon Best. 29 pages
- No. 7: A Bibliography of Printed Maori to 1900 (1924), by Herbert W Williams. xvi+198 pages
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More