New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Masha'allah: On Reception (New)
by Hand, Robert
Publisher: ARHAT (Robert Hand)
Book ID: 9780966226621, 0966226623
Please inquire for availability
This is one of the earliest texts that we have of horary astrology. Not only that but it has fully worked out examples. For all students of traditional horary, this is a must especially since it challenges basic principles commonly found in later works.
Summary of content:
98 Pages: Perfect-bound Paper
- Introduction by the Translator: Introduces the book and some of the more important methods by which Masha'allah analyzes a question.
- Introduction: Here begins the Book of Masha'allah On Reception. The section briefly sets forth the objectives of the book.
- Chapter I: What is Reception? This chapter defines reception which is the cornerstone of the method of this book.
- Chapter II: Concerning Whether a Matter about Which One Has Hopes Will Be Accomplished or Not. This chapter describes Masha'allah teachings concerning perfection, what accomplishement and what does not. The method of relaying disposition by means of successive applications is introduced as well as a method for determining which better indicates the querent, the ruler of the Ascendant, or the Moon.
- Chapter III: Concerning Whether One Who Is Ill Will Be Delivered or Will Die. This is the first of two case studies on someone suffering from an illness. A complete description of how Masha'allah deals with such a question. This is the first of six of completely worked out chart examples, one of the features of this book which makes it so valuable for students of traditional horary methods.
- Chapter IV: A Question Concerning an Ill Person. This is a second case study on illness. This case study has been placed on this website in full: Chapter from Masha'allah on Horary
- Chapter V: Concerning Substance. This chapter deals with questions concerning getting substance (i.e., money or other forms of wealth) at some future time regardless of the source.
- Chapter VI: Concerning Money Which Has Been Lent. The subject of the chapter should be self-evident!
- Chapter VII: An Interrogation Concerning Things Left by a Certain Dead Person. This is another case study which concerns inheritance.
- Chapter VIII: Concerning Kingship, Whether It Will Be Acquired. This is a general introduction to the matter of whether or not a querent will obtain a kingship or other high office. Today we might apply the same logic to getting a job or a promotion if such a job or promotion involves a sufficiently high-status position.
- Chapter IX: A Question Concerning Kingship. This is the first of three case studies involving the acquisition of high office.
- Chapter X: A Question Concerning Kingship. This is the second of the three case studies involving the acquisition of high office.
- Chapter XI: Concerning the Discovery of the Hyleg. This chapter comes right in the middle of all the preceding and following horary material. This chapter is straight natal astrology and does not seemingly belong in this text. But it is here and it seems to come from a separate tradition not closely related to the Book of Nativities attributed to the same author.
- Chapter XII: A Question Concerning a Kingship. This is the third and by far most elaborate case study involving high office. This study shows just how much one can squeeze out of a simple chart involving only seven planets.
- Appendix: The Charts of On Reception, Technical Details. This is contributed by your translator. It is a technical analysis in modern language of the most important details pertaining to Masha'allah's methods. The section also investigates questions of house division, zodiac and other technical details. This should be very useful to help those who have a bit of trouble with learning techniques directly from translations.
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More