New & Forthcoming
Directions & Parking
Shipping & Returns
Mahabharata: 15-volume Set (The Clay Sanskrit Library) (Used)
by Clay Sanskrit Library
Publisher: Clay Sanskrit Library
Binding: Hardcover with dust jacket
Book ID: 9780814717448, 0814717446
The Maha·bharata tells the tale of the epic battle between the Pandavas and the Kauravas for the thrown. It begins with the famous game of dice between the Pandavas and the Kauravas, which sets the scene for the war that will lie at the center of the Maha·bharata epic. But even after the war is ostensibly over when the heroic but flawed king of the Kauravas is dishonorably defeated in battle by his arch enemy, the extended family is still wracked in conflict leaving survivors, victors and vanquished struggling to comprehend their loss. Perhaps the most enigmatic philosophical text from ancient India, the final book in the set, "The Book of Liberation" is presented as the teachings of Bhishma as he lies dying on the battlefield in the aftermath of war.
Included in this set:
- Maha·bharata Book II: The Great Hall. Translated by Paul Wilmot. 588 pages
- Maha·bharata Book III: The Forest, Volume 4. Translated by William Johnson. 374 pages
- Maha·bharata Book IV: Virata. Translated by Kathleen Garbutt. 516 pages
- Maha·bharata Book V: Preparations for War, Volume 1. Translated by Kathleen Garbutt. Foreword by Gurcharan Das. 720 pages
- Maha·bharata Book V: Preparations for War, Volume 2. Translated by Kathleen Garbutt. 760 pages
- Maha·bharata Book VI: Bhishma,Volume 1 (Including the "Bhagavad Gita" in Context). Translated by Alex Cherniak. Foreword by Ranajit Guha. 615 pages
- Maha·bharata Book VI: Bhishma, Volume 2. Translated by Alex Cherniak. 550 pages
- Maha·bharata Book VII: Drona, Volume 1. Translated by Vaughan Pilikian. 473 pages
- Maha·bharata Book VII: Drona, Volume 2. Translated by Vaughan Pilikian. 470 pages
- Maha·bharata Book VIII: Karna, Volume 1. Translated by Adam Bowles. 604 pages
- Maha·bharata Book VIII: Karna, Volume 2. Translated by Adam Bowles. 684 pages
- Maha·bharata Book IX: Shalya, Volume 1. Translated by Justin Meiland. 371 pages
- Maha·bharata Book IX: Shalya, Volume 2. Translated by Justin Meiland. 470 pages
- Maha·bharata Books X & XI: "Dead of the Night" and "The Women". Translated by Kate Crosby. 350 pages
- Maha·bharata Book XII: Peace (Part 2: The Book of Liberation), Volume 3. Translated by Alex Wynne. 540 pages
The Blazing Dew of Stars
Smith, David Chaim
London: Fulgur Limited, 2013. Limited to 1001 copies only. Square landscape folio. For those who have had the joy of handling and experiencing The Sacrificial Universe
released last year, this new book will continue that fine tradition. The Blazing Dew of Stars
is a complex mystical text which speaks with many voices to introduce the practice of Kabbalistic contemplative alchemy. The volume offers glimpses of a rare view of direct application and immersion into the Real, intertwini...More
The Sworn Book of Honorius: Liber Iuratus Honorii
Honorius of Thebes
Ibis Press / Nicolas-Hayes
As the title testifies, students were sworn to secrecy before being given access to this magic text, and only a few manuscripts have survived. Bits of its teachings, such as the use of the magic whistle for summoning spirits, are alluded to in other texts. Another key element of its ritual, the elaborate Seal of God, has been found in texts and amulets throughout Europe.
Interest in The Sworn Book of Honorius has grown in recent years, yet no modern translations have been attemptedunt...
Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality
Allen, Lasara Firefox
Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd.
"Jailbreaking the Goddess
is an important contribution to the writings on Goddess tradition and feminist spirituality. . . . I love her political savvy, her sensitivity around issues of diversity and cultural awareness and appropriation, and her unabashed celebration of pleasure, sensuality, and life!" -- Starhawk
Jailbreaking the Goddess is a revolutionary revisioning of the feminine divine. Where the maiden, mother, crone archetypal system is tied to female biology and physic...
Beyond the Mauve Zone. Enhanced Edition.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2016. Limited Edition. A new, enhanced edition of BEYOND THE MAUVE ZONE, fully corrected by Michael Staley using Kenneth Grant's personal copy with his annotations. The volume has also been re-set, and includes a new index that should prove most useful. A FINE CLOTH COPY in illustrated dust jacket. Custom end papers. Colored frontispiece, and twenty-four page plate section with the majority of the images being in color. 324 pages, indexed. Octavo. This is the eighth,...More
The House of Owls
Yale University Press
For a quarter century, Tony Angell and his family shared the remarkable experience of closely observing pairs of western screech owls that occupied a nesting box outside their forest home. The journals the author recorded his observations in, and the captivating drawings he created, form the heart of this compelling book a personal account of an artist-naturalist s life with owls. Angell s extensive illustrations show owls engaged in what owls do hunting, courting, raising families, and exercisi...More